The Government is providing funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013/14 and 2014/15 to provide new, substantial primary school sport funding.
This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
The funding amount schools receive is based upon the number of children of primary age the school has. The sport premium can only be used to increase the quality and breadth of PE and Sport Provision, and increasing participation in PE and Sport.
Here at Dean Bank Primary and Nursery School, we strive to promote healthy and active lifestyles and aim to provide sporting opportunities for all our pupils so our Sport Premium will be spent over the course of the year to finance sustainable developments in P.E. and sport opportunities for all children in school.
During 2014-2015 we will use our allocation to enhance and enrich our PE curriculum with the help of external coaches, build on our experiences with the School Sport Partnership, as well as purchasing additional PE storage and new equipment.
In 2013-2014 school was allocated £5293 from the Government’s Sports Premium Funding. We have bought into Sedgefield SSP Service Level Agreement. This allows us to:
- Provide specialist training for staff in school.
- Provide 60 hours of high quality coaching per year to aid pupil and staff development (gymnastics, dance and athletics).
- Provide 30 hours PE teacher support
- Attend a wide variety of CPD opportunities.
- Participate in various sporting tournaments and festivals over the course of the year.
- Gain detailed end of year reports on pupil participation
- Buy new equipment and resources.